Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Inspiration and chasing dreams

Oh man some characters on Idol this year.  This is one of the shows for whatever reason I look forward to year after year.  I am not sure what it is about the show that I like the most, whether it is simply the singing, or the fact that these folks are courageous enough to put themselves out there, and give their all for their dream. Quite inspiring if you think of it, from the perspective of these kids.  To us, Idol is sometimes just another show for entertainment- to me I am just awe struck but these kids as young as they are having the strength, ambition and fortitude to move forward no matter what.  Although scared, they are still willing to put themselves out there.  Try to succeed, and gain strength and direction from the experience alone.

Personally, I have a lot of drive, I don't normally stop until I complete something. I am known for putting in extra to do what I have to do.  As strange as it is, even when I was young I never had the determination to follow my dream and charge forward full force.  That is how people succeed, they are fearless, it is not a special formula or book you can get for $19.99 with the secret. 

I let life get in the way of my dreams and have put others first.  Honestly, I can say I do not leave things unfinished, and I try to never have regrets (that is a challenge).  In comparison, my life is pretty ordinary.  Don't misunderstand, I wouldn't change my life- wish of course I was a millionaire or very well off, but no such luck!  We struggle just like everyone else in the world these days, and I know people are more worse off then we are.  All in all, I am just as happy on the path I am on. I don't feel like I didn't follow my dreams, they just changed along the way.  My bigger dream was always to have a family, have my babies and be the best mom I can be.  We had difficulties with this but never gave up, and I have my beautiful daughter, and I have my most handsome son.  It is bitter sweet to have my baby, but to have lost two as well.  Nonetheless, they are here, they are healthy, and we could not be happier.  And as a bonus, I have another daughter - and although she is not my biological child, she is still and will forever be my daughter.
Life is a journey, and I believe all paths eventually will lead to the same place, just depends on how long you are derailed.  Each choice, each decision will either get you closer to your goal or delay your trip.  Deep down I think everyone knows the way to go.  For myself I joke, I say to my husband, we are reading the same book we are just on different pages, I, read really fast is all!  He is living out his dream now, law school.  I don't know how he does it, and does so well, but again chasing dreams has a lot of power.  That is why I am hoping to jump start mine.  Somehow get moving find that little thing inside that pushes me to succeed and add to my story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment