Thursday, December 29, 2011

Newlyweds


Guest post of the week by Deangelo Spencer



When my husband and I first got married we were clueless. We got married young, and had never lived on our own before the wedding. Of course we thought that we were so mature and knew everything. It took us a while to figure things out though. My parents rented us a home they own, so thankfully they were close by to help us when we needed it. They tried to give us our own space, but I still needed them! We had a hard time managing our money, so my mom gave us some great advice on how to keep our finances in check. The first thing we had to do was cut our energy expenses because they were out of control. My mom let us know that in Texas we could shop around for our rates, so I searched texas electricity providers TXU energy and started doing the work. She also helped me learn how to cook a few basic meals so that we wouldn’t be eating out all the time. Little by little, things got better and we were able to sort ourselves out. I’m glad those days are over!

No comments:

Post a Comment